Monday, March 10, 2014

Only how many pairs of shoes???

The packing has begun... Packing seems easy at first, until you start to realize that the awesome jacket that you want takes up too much room or you have the problem in realizing that your suitcase is just going to be too heavy.  I am allowed one check in bag at only 50 lbs. and two carry on bags, one being a purse or backpack.  My goal is to bring my check in at proper weight and then one carry on.  This will help me when I have to lug all my stuff around. It is less stuff to focus on and make sure I don't lose.  I have everything fairly organized and separated into carry on, shirts, pants, bathroom stuff, and so on.  I start with the bathroom stuff and then file everything in after and let me tell you the bathroom stuff takes up a lot more room than you think. Therefor, if you are going to be doing a trip like this in the future leave the flat iron behind it takes up too much room and it adds weight to the luggage.  The hardest part about packing to me is the amount of shoes I can bring.  If I could I would bring a whole suitcase full of them, but I can't...  I am allotting myself one pair of walking/hiking shoes, a casual pair, and flip flops.  Fingers crossed I can make it nearly three months.  Just kidding! I know I can make the whole time. (: My animals on the other hand I don't think can.  My puppy and cat were laying on everything and getting into everything as I was packing as if they didn't  want me to go.  I am sure going to miss everyone.  Only two days till I am on a plane heading to Prague.  Until then be ready for the airport adventures that I will be having! Laters!


Organization is Key!

Can you see my kitty?


Finally all packed...
phew!





1 comment:

  1. I totally sympathize!! I'm leaving a cute jacket at home too :( See you SOOOOON!!!

    ReplyDelete