Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My version of a snickers bar!

So guys I have finally had my version of a Snickers bar and calmed down a bit since my last post.  I know it seemed as if I hated it here, but I was just frustrated by getting used to the way they live in the Czech.  I have found a couple of cute coffee shops to sit in the peace and quiet to journal and enjoy the rainy days.  The baristas in Olomouc have a spectacular talent at making their coffee look like a masterpiece.  They look so good that I don't want to drink it!!!


 


Besides the delicious coffee and rainy days we have started our first week of school.  Czech language is not a pretty language, but it is an amazing one to learn.  I have only learned a couple of words to get by and I feel super accomplished.  Our history class has only been about the politics in the Czech Republic and I have learned that they do not like their president in the slightest bit.  Since our classes aren't until later on in the day we have plenty of time kill to get things done like, grocery shopping, laundry, and homework.  Some of my favorites have been getting a crepe or a pancake before class with a group of friends.  The crepes and pancakes are super thin and are going to probably be my number one food that I crave on a daily basis and cannot get once back in Nebraska. 


Some of the foods that I miss here in the Czech are homemade vegan mac n' cheese and fajitas.  I know once I am back in the states those will be the first two things that I get a hold of to indulge in.  I know this isn't a lot of new information about what has gone on, but I figured I should post again in a more positive note since my last once was pretty negative.  We leave for Prague in three days and I will have plenty to say after that trip! Cant wait to tell you all about it. Until next time!!!









1 comment:

  1. Hey Ali! Sounds like you are having an amazing time! I love reading your blog so keep it up! I miss and can't wait to see you! XOXO Megan Byrnes

    ReplyDelete